Consultancy - the Fourth Pillar of TIACA
With the increasing complexity of e-products and encompassing technologies and processes, demand for consultancy in the air cargo industry is expected to be growing. TIACA’s wide-ranging membership, knowledge of people in the industry and access to all the elements in the cargo supply chain make it logical to expand networking and training opportunities into the consultancy sphere. What can TIACA offer? Customers? Suppliers of Services? Expect a free discussion about these issues.
- Vladimir Zubkov, Secretary General, TIACA (chair)
- Uwe Beck, Managing Director, BeCon Projects GmbH
- Ian Hutchinson, President, Americas, Hae Group
- Stanley G. Wraight, President, CEO & Co-founder, Strategic Aviation Solutions (SASI)
- Neel Jones Shah, SVP and Global Head of Airfreight, Flexport
- David Hoppin, CEO, Diio
Innovation Track: Building Airport Communities
Airports are taking a leading role in creating communities, which integrate all stakeholders, bringing them together with initiatives such as local events and working groups, as well as providing an interface with regulators. The panel will look at the value airport communities can bring to individual members in the supply chain, why airports are well placed to take on the role of an integrator for their community and what role they can play in creating those communities.
- Steven Polmans, Head of Cargo & Logistics, Brussels Airport Company (chair)
- Wolfgang Rappaport, BA (Hons), Cargo Business Site Development, Vienna Airport
- Jonas Van Stekelenburg, Head of Cargo, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Sanjiv Edward, Chairman, TIACA, Head of Cargo Business, Delhi International Airport
- Felix Kreutel, Vice President Cargo & Logistics, Fraport AG
- Erez Agmoni, Regional Head of Supply Chain Development - Americas, Damco
LatAm Track: Challenges and Opportunities in Latin America
Latin America offers plenty of exciting opportunities, but what is the best way of dealing with this mosaic of operating environments? Hear what works from some of the region’s leading players.
- Eric Hartmann, VP Aviation Services, Agunsa (chair)
- Joseph Napoli, Chief of Staff & Senior Policy Advisor, Miami-Dade Aviation Department
- Andres Bianchi, CEO, LATAM Cargo
- Andres Osorio, Managing Director, Avianca Cargo
Innovation Track: Digitization - Revolution or Hype?
By 2025, 15-20% of air freight shipments will be booked directly with the airline according to a recent survey by McKinsey – does this spell the end of the traditional air cargo industry or the beginning of a new exciting chapter?
- Glyn Hughes, Global Head of Cargo, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Victor Ofstein, Founder and CEO, Freightos
- Troels Støvring, CEO, Twill Logistics (a part of Damco International)
- Ludwig Hausmann, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Ruth Snowden, Executive Director, Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA)
LatAm Track: The Latin America e-commerce boom
Latin America is one of the fastest growing regions for e-commerce, behind Asia Pacific, with online retail sales projected to reach USD85 billion by the end of 2019. Discover the exciting potential of the region and learn how leading players are overcoming the challenges to make the most of this exciting opportunity.
- Dan March, CEO, WCA Ltd (chair)
- Carlos Herrera, CEO, Aeropost
- Jaime Alvarez, Cargo Director, FCopa Airline
Air Cargo Leaders of the Future
A new TIACA initiative, first trialed in the Netherlands earlier this year, is encouraging the next generation of air cargo leaders and has brought young professionals from the MIA Airport community together to take part in a new program aimed at developing talent and improving collaboration.
Hear from the Young People themselves first-hand what they learned and help them shape the future of our industry. TIACA also backs an Air Cargo Professional Development Workshop, aimed at growing management skills for air cargo professionals, and designed by Strategic Aviation Solutions International (SASI). Participants gain an appreciation of the entire air cargo supply-chain and the component sectors by encouraging discussion and the sharing of perspectives, as well as providing practical advice and insight.
- Ben Radstaak, Managing Director, Air Cargo Netherlands
- Charles HW Edwards, Logistics Strategy, North Carolina Center for Global Logistics, Chair, Education and Research Committee, TIACA
- Speakers from the Young Leaders Forum, MIA
Annual General Meeting (Members Only)